2.25.2009

Wednesday, Thursday...

Hey all,

I just got back from a nice midnight run. It was raining a little bit, and it smelled sooo good outside that I just couldn't pass it up.

Anyway, since the last time we talked, well, I can tell you this: I've eaten a lot of free food. Tuesday, IHOP was giving out free short-stacks all day, so we went there and had breakfast...and then just yesterday, Wednesday, I recieved a coupon for a free Quiznos sub, so we went there for dinner. The only downside to that was that they only gave out small subs. So we got back here, and we were banking on some free pizza because we had a floor meeting, but there were only two pizza's for about 40 kids. Not a good fit.

Now we were feeling hungry and discouraged, and since at that point the dining hall was closed, Pat and I decided to order a pizza. Since we're college kids, we get these fun coupon books that get us wonderful deals witht the local businesses, so we ordered an extra large from Dominos for 8 bucks. Well, it ended up being free since it was an hour and a half late. So that was nice.

It was also my friend Meghan's birthday this week, and I just want to wish her a happy 19th birthday publicly. Here's to many more Meghan!

In other news, did anyone hear about that poor woman who was attacked by her friends 200 pound pet chimpanzee? For those of you who don't know, a resident of Stamford, CT is currently in a medically induced coma subsequent to an attack perpetrated by a chimpanzee. Said chimp was named Travis and lived quite the luxurious life. He was fed steak, lobster, wine and cheese. He was 14 at the time of the attack and he had appeared in many commercials for companies like Old Navy and Coca-Cola. No one knows for sure what triggered the attack on his owners friend, but the owner, a woman named Sandra Herold, thinks it might have been out of protection for her. Apparently she had asked the victim, Charla Nash, to come over and help lure Travis back inside the house, but Charla had changed her hairstyle...and he may have not recognized her. Which to me seems like absolute bullshit, but hey, I guess anything is possible. At any rate, the chimp proceeded to maul Ms. Nash for 12 minutes. In that time he more or less literally ripped off her face and injured her hands. Herold reportedly tried to stab Travis with a butcher knife and beat him with a shovel before the police showed up and shot and killed him. Since the attack, Herold has made conflicting statements about whether or not she had given Travis some Xanax prior to the attack. Apparently the chimp also suffered from Lyme disease. Anyway, Travis has been cremated, and Nash is to soon undergo facial reconstructive surgery, possibly even an entire facial transplant.

In response to these events, the House passed a bill banning the transport of monkeys or apes across state lines with the intent to sell them as pets.

I just thought you guys might like that.

Also, since I'm on the topic of disturbing news stories, I came across another article today concerning a pair of Arizona teens who are now being considered as "pimps." Said "pimps" are both 16 year old girls who have reportedly been running a smalltime brothel out of a rented apartment. After a 5 month investigation, the teens are being charged collectively with 10 counts of child prostitution, 4 counts of pandering (or serving as a liasson for sex), and two counts of recieving earnings of a prostitute. All of the above charges are felonies. Anyway, I guess the two were recruiting 14-17 year old girls at their respective high schools. Their tactic was to tell the potential victims of all the money they would make, and it would be better than male pimps who are apparently more prone to beating their prostitutes. I don't really have any judgement to pass, because I don't know all the facts and I think these girls have to be in a rough spot to commit these kinds of crimes. I just hope all that were involved end up getting what they deserve.

Anyway, never to leave you on a sour note, here is a funny little Youtube video for you all. Thank you Forrest! (by the way, this is not for little people's ears...)



Well, I hope you all are well and continue to be. As usual, please vote on both of the polls, one is in the upper right hand corner, the other is below the Youtube widget on the right as well. Oh, and comment please! If you need help, please refer to the previous post. And whoever left that last comment, yes, I want comments, and I want them on my blog. Not on Facebook. Thank you!

Goodnight,

-Brad

3 comments:

  1. my, that was a long news report on the chimp attack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes Brad!! Made my day! :-)

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new layout! Where do you find your news? It seems so much more interesting than what I hear about!

    --Sheridan

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?